Wednesday 2 May 2012

MMMay'12 - Day 2 or: I really need to sew something that is more practical for the British "summer"

It's not summer yet! I hear you shout.
Well, it should be.

With this in mind and because I refuse to turn the heating on in May I decided to wear something today that I genuinley thought I'd never wear again.
It's a shirt I've made from a Burda pattern and which I've talked about in a previous blog post here.

The fabric is a not very soft or nice jersey which I bought in fabricland in Kingston ages ago and reminds me of eating ice cream on Brighton beach.
The arms are funny (well spottet Judith!) and don't fit very well. But it's got long sleeves which is a plus. (Apologies for all the boop shots.)


















See what the arm does? That's weird! And uncomfortable.
Also, I kept all the edges raw mainly because I couldn't be bothered to finish them off after realising that it's not a very wearable garment but now I think it looks kind of cute...

No comments: