Saturday 4 May 2013

Me Made May '13

As my MMM'13 challenge, I have decided to make at least three new items as the weather might not be good enough to wear any of the already existing ones and I'm staying true to my word.

Wednesday evening I copied out the Burda 2/2013 gathered sleeves top pattern as seen on many other blogs such as the lovely Melissa's at FehrTrade, who made the long sleeved version.











I totally forgot how much hard work it is to copy patterns out of Burdas. Also, is it just me, or has the quality of their pattern print gone downhill? Line printing is transferring onto facing pages. Irritating and confusing!

Anyhow, I am going to cut the fabric either tonight or tomorrow and by the end of Monday I'm planning to have a finished shirt ready to wear to work on Wednesday. The fabric I'm using is a petroleum/teal soft but rather see through knit (so I might have to wear a vest underneath) that I bought almost exactly one year ago (!) in East London, South Africa!

I also have a question for all of you... Is this a case of FBA needed?!? I'm thinking of extending this Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono Tee to make a dress and wanted to ensure I've got the fit right. I wonder if a bit of twill tape on the shoulder line would've done the trick to stabilise the shoulders.

Also, I'm wearing something I've made myself (well, I did the other day!) and it's May! Whoop!


No comments: